Restoring 6 Brass Chandeliers

A few months back I received a call from RM Construction in Cambridge asking if I would be interested in 6 chandeliers from a house clearance so I jumped in my little car to have a look. I was shown a large crate with 6 original Victorian and Art Nouveaux brass chandeliers that looked like they hadnt ever been cleaned. After some careful juxtapostioning I managed to get all 6 in my silly little car (I have since upgraded to something more suitable!) and back home to have a proper look at what each one needed.

I discovered multiple broken arms and various wobbles to fix, a lot of cleaning and rewiring from 2 core to 3 core was needed. Some choice words attemping to fit 3 core cables through holes made for 2 core cables and countless hours of elbow grease later and they are all ready for new homes! Whilst cleaning the large Victorian griffin chandelier I discovered multiple makers marks with the initials A.T, I am still researching into these!

Some choice words attemping to fit 3 core cables through holes made for 2 core cables and countless hours of elbow grease later and they are all ready for new homes!

katie sillsComment